I am a firm believer in primers. I think they work (some better than others) and can make a difference in the look and longevity of foundations. Up till now, I have encountered very few who stand up to one brand in particular, until I tried this one. I did not know it could be so freaking awesome!
I got this product as part of a nice set from Sephora my husband got me in the US. I was well aware Becca sells in Europe being a British brand and all, but I thought it was a great value set (and it was!).
The product is described as:
Prepare and seal your skin with this invisible Resurfacing Primer, which instantly reduces the appearance of dilated pores and smoothes fine lines for a flawless finish. Applied on its own or under foundation, the velvety matte formulation helps to control unwanted shine with its special oil absorbing polymers which act as ‘fillers’ to create a refined base for makeup that will last all day.
Alcohol-free, Paraben-free, Fragrance-free
What’s good about it
- It definitely helps my makeup last longer, like a primer should. I’ve been experiencing some dehydrated skin, so my skin really “absorbs my foundation. When I started using this, I noticed a significant difference
- The smoothing and filling effect is great! Provides a better canvas to work with when I apply foundation
- It is a mattifying formulation! I was not expecting this at all! I know it kind of says so in the description, but I didn’t read anything about this product, I just put it on and then asked questions later
- For those who have a sensitivity to silicones, I am pleased to report this product does not have any. I thought this was a pretty cool feat. I’ve not used a primer without silicone before and have always thought this was essential for primer. I guess I was wrong.
What’s not so good about it
- Nothing so far. I really like this one!
I think this product is perfect for all skin types (except maybe the extra dry) and will be good for every season, but especially for the summer for it’s mattifying properties. This is definitely a must have!
Paola’s mood after using this product: