Bought this a million years ago, but I was so obssessed with my other latest favorite primer, I kept putting trying this one off. What can I say, I’m a true procrastinator! Anyway, this was an impressive item when I first swatched on my hand which made me buy it to begin with… But is it just as impressive when applied to the face? Read on to find out
Hello 15 hours of flawless! Benefit’s invisible PRO-long primer acts like a magnet to instantly lock-on your foundation. The innovative, stick formula keeps your favourite Hello Flawless makeup looking fresh, hour after hour. Go longer. Stay Flawless!
The product comes in a plastic twist-up (like stick foundation or concealer) tube. It retails at around 30€ (in UK it’s about £24.50, in US it’s $32)
- It has a fairly lightweight application right after application. It does make your skin a tiny bit “taut”, but not enough that you feel it stiffles your skin
- Application is relatively easy; you can apply by gliding the stick of product directly on your skin, or you can take a brush or sponge to apply
- Foundation will last FOREVER. In that sense, it lives up to it’s name for sure. I found this effect worked on water-based, oil-based, and matte finish foundations (maily the more “matte” the product the longer it lasted on the skin)
- It makes the foundation appear more vibrant when applied on the skin
- Because the packaging is plastic, and it is not a high tube, it’ll fit well in your makeup bag, not to mention, it’s light, too.
- Doesn’t do much for enlarged pores, wrinkles, or blemishes like most primers do. Although in all fairness, there is no claim in the product description of this property, only that it “locks” foundation
- The product itself is easy to apply, the problem is applying the foundation on top of it. If you wait too long (say, around the 30 to 60 second mark) in between primer and foundation application, it’ll feel you are putting on foundation over dried glue. It is really, really hard! The more “matte” the more problematic it is. On the Benefit website, they advise to apply foundation immediately after the primer. When I did that, I noticed it was fairly easy to blend.
- Because of the above, the product is not the most practical. You have to have the patience and skill to apply primer and foundation in “sections” and make sure it’s all even. The result, however; will be worth it (here’s a look I achieved usong this product…looks awesome, right?)
Paola’s mood after using this product:
This post contains affiliate links. When you buy using these links, you are supporting this blog! Thank you!