Longest foundation name ever, right? At least the annoyingly long name does nothing to the fab reputation this product has amongst the professionals and makeup enthusiasts alike!
This product is the reason you splurge on foundation! Described as:
The ultimate solution to tired skin, the best-selling CHANEL foundation instantly revitalizes the complexion upon application — and throughout the day. The formula has ingredients that specifically target dry, dull and uneven skin, and moisturizing agents to provide hydration and comfort. A marine extract boosts cell energy to enhance radiance, and light-reflecting pigments smooth away imperfections, creating a soft-focus effect. Creamy and luxuriously lightweight, this essential daily foundation blends effortlessly for perfectly smooth, even-toned, radiant skin.
This product is not to be confused with CHANEL Vitalumière Aqua, another foundation from this range, but this one is water-based, while the regular Vitalumière is oil-based.
What’s good about it
- Although oil-based, the texture of this foundation is quite fluid, almost like a water-based foundation. This translates into a pretty easy and smooth application
- The finish is just amazing! Your skin will look plump and healthy with a slight dewey look (bit not too much that it makes you look too oily)
- The color match is nearly perfect! I was at a CHANEL counter and commented on how the color was perfect. The sales associate told me it’s because this product has a patented ingredient that adapts the color to match your skin tone (sort of like some BB creams do). I could not find more information about this, but on my skin it did feel like the color adapted very, very well
- The packaging is nice and elegant, but more importantly, it’s practica as it works with a pump system that dispenses the right amount of product
- A little goes a long way with this product. I only use one pump to even out my skin tone. It is also buildable, in my case, if I require extra coverage, two pumps are sufficient!
What’s not so good about it
- The only thing I can think of is that, should you have oily or very oily skin, this foundation is not for you. I would recommend going for Vitalumière Aqua (review coming up!)
This is a pricey foundation (£34, or 40€, or $55) which is not even an issue in my personal opinion because you are getting what you pay for. I have encountered very, very few bad reviews (in fact, the “bad” ones are more so-so ratings). And of course, my own experience helps in justifying the price. I just love this foundation!
Paola’s mood after using this product: