I pretty much failed at the toning stage when it came to my skincare routine, probably because the last toner I ever used was the one from the Clinique 3 Step program, which might as well labeled “rubbing alcohol” for how freaking astringent it is, so I quit it rather quick. But certain circumstances got be to resume my toning regime; enter Clarins Exfoliating Tone into the picture!
A fresh, fluid exfoliating lotion that brightens, smooths and softens skin. Regular exfoliation helps to strenghten the skin’s resistance to wrinkles and maintain the balance between preventing a build-up of dead cells and encouraging cell renewal.
The packaging says you should you use it once or twice a week, bit it is gentle enough to use daily, which I do. This product contains AHAs and BHAs, but in very mild concentrations
- Your skin does feel “fresher” and overall better looking after continous application.
- It is a pretty effective exfoliator (since it contains glycolic, salicylic, and tartaric acid) and reduces the appearance of large pores and blackheads
- Generally, it is pretty gentle with your skin, even if you have breakouts
- I loooove the smell. I know stuff with fragrance is not necessarly great for people with sensitive skin, but this smell is just sooo divine!
- As I said before, it has fragrance, so it has the potential to irritate, especially those with very sensitive skin.
- If you have a bad irritation (as in from a rash due to allergies, etc.) this thing will sting like a motherf…. Otherwise it’s just a slight tingle
- If you have really, really sensitive skin, this may be a bit too abrasive.
Paola’s mood after using this product: