This is not one of the latest products on the market, but I figured I should review a couple of budget brands as well. I was able to find this in my local supermarket and when I stumbled upon it I decided it was worth a try!
The main selling point of this product is that you are getting a 2 in 1 kind of deal:
The two different, specially contoured ends of our SmokyShadowBlast stick make it easy to create a bold, colorful, smoky eye. A duo of expertly paired shades provide the bold, spotlight-ready looks loved by today’s hottest makeup artists.
The shade I got was Purple Plume a very nice combination of colors especially flattering on brown eyes (although any other eye color could pull this off)
What’s good about it
- The shimmery purple and soft and sweet oink shades are just lovely. The can work well together to create either a softer or bolder look, depending on what you want to accomplish
- The texture of each pencil end is very creamy which allows a very easy application. You can either use your fingers or a synthetic brush (the latter worked best for me)
- This product is cheap and widely availale. If I could find this in my local supermarket, then this is truly not a hard to find item!
What’s not so good about it
- I found the pink shade really disappears rather quickly. It got absorbed by my lid so quickly I had to reapply several times. The purple does much better, though, but I generally found you really have to use eye primer to fix it in place (plus, maybe even some setting powder)
- I kid you not, whithin the time I finished applying the pink shade and started with the purple, the product had already creased (what was left of it at least). Ugggh! I absolutely hate that!
- Although the packaging is practical, I found the ends to have difficult shapes to do more detailed work. Blending still requires a brush, I find the fingers can smudge the product away
I honestly expected this to be a better product, but I was mostly disappointed. I loved the colors and texture, but the creasing is a huge no-no. The texture even made a pretty immovable product I use go haywire all over my lid. Not cool!
Paola’s mood after using this product: