As introduced in Part I, in this post we are going to enhance the look we created in Part 3 and come up with one that can be worn for a fun night out, whether is for dinner with friends, clubbing, etc. With this look we are going all out, more product is used, but still keeping with the simplycity theme and “multipurposeness” (I don’t think that’s a proper word, ha!) of the products.
For this look we are going to need:
All the products used in Part 2 and Part 3
And nothing more!
What I will do in the steps below is to build up from the look I explained in Part 3. Maybe after having a couple of drinks after work, you get a call from your friends to go out for dinner and even more drinks. Then of course, we need to enhance the look you already did! If you are doing this look from scratch, I will do a summary of all the steps at the end.
1. Very lightly fill in your brows. Don’t draw too hard, otherwise your brows will look to harsh.
2. Using your pinky finger, smudge the product, carefully avoiding smudging outside of the brow. Once you are done, clean your finger to avoid any transfer of the color on your face!
1. Apply the brown color directly on your water line. Don’t get teary! Take your time and if for some reason you start crying, softly wipe with a tissue. Lining the water line is not an essential step, so if you feel you look better or want your eyes to look bigger, you can skip this.
2. So the line is not too hard and we achieve a soft, smokey look, apply the brown color directly to an angled brush or a liner/smudging brush and then line your bottom lash line with soft strokes.
Using a shadow brush, such as the one from the Sephora Pretty in Pink Travel Brush set, apply the darkest color from the Rituals Cheek and Eye Glow on your lid, starting from the lash line, moving towards the crease. Blend at the crease.
1. Apply on the forehead, using a sweeping motion
2. Apply on the apples of the cheeks and then move to the bridge of the nose
3. Sweep over the jawline and dust on the chin as well
Apply the color back and forth on the hollows of your cheeks. You identify where those are, you need to make the craziest pout you can possibly pull!
To blend and making sure the color is not too harsh, move your brush over the area on a circular motion.
As promised at the beginning, if you are doing this look from scratch, these are the order in which to apply your makeup:
1. Start with Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector foundation on a clean, moisturized face.
2. Apply concealer and / or loose powder (Laura Mercier Undercover Pot) if you need to correct and or control shine.
3. Using a shadow brush, apply the darkest color from the Rituals Cheek and Eye Glow on your lid, starting from the lash line, moving towards the crease. Blend at the crease.
4. Take the brown color from the Bourjois Khol and Contour Shadow & Light pencil in Brun and Caramel and very lightly apply on your brows. With your pinky, lightly smudge over the brow and clean finger after!
5. With your finger apply the middle color of the Rituals Cheek and Eye Glow on your brow bone for highlight, softly blending with the dark shadow.
6. Using Bourjois Khol and Contour Shadow & Light in Brun and Caramel, line your eyes at the top lash line with the brown color.
7. With that same color apply directly to an angled brush or a liner/smudging brush and then line your bottom lash line. Take the pencil again and pply directly on the water line.
8. Apply the golden color in the inner corners of your eyes to brighten them.
9. Apply Bourjois Volume Max Waterproof Mascara on your top and bottom lashes, being very careful with the application on the bottom ones.
10. Using a blush brush, apply all colors of the Cheek and Eye Glow palette on the high areas of your face (forehead, cheekbones, nose, chin, and jawline) for a sunkissed look.
11. Again with the blush brush, pack on it some of the darkest colors of the palette, and apply to the hollows of your cheeks, blending in for contour.
12. Pack your ring finger with the middle color or the Cheek and Eye Glow and apply a very small drop of Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector on your thumb. Rub together and lightly tap slightly on your cheekbones, moving towards your temples (making a C shape) to illuminate
13. Apply Sugar Lip Treatment in Plum on your Lips