Another item from my Cult Beauty goody bag, this product was an interesting one to test because it is unlike anything else I’ve tried. I’m so happy with the results I’ve gotten so far that I’m getting the full sized product pretty soon!
It is a very interesting product because of the way it’s applied and what it does. It is basically a green color gel you apply on your face and softly massage off to remove all sorts of “dirt”. This Marvel Gel is described as:
A genius way to banish even the most stubborn whiteheads, blackheads and blemishes without aggravating sensitive skin. This mild, exfoliating gel-mask helps break up and remove the top layer of dead epidermis cells, make up residue and ingrained impurities. Enriched with green tea extract, Ginvera’s anti-oxidant effect tackles free radicals and simulates the skin’s metabolism making it brighter. This face mask refines pores and evens out skin tone, lightening age spots and freckles
Ginvera is a Singaporean brand that’s already pretty popular in Asia. This product is part of the green tea line.
What’s good about it
- Provides a refreshing treatment on the skin. It feels very hydrating on the skin
- Exfoliates thoroughly, but it is indeed, very soft on the skin. The main exfoliating action comes from the friction it creates between the product and the hands due to the massage action
- Leaves your skin soft and healthy. Most impurities and some pesky blackheads will come off after a single use. Repeated use will show even better results
- Evens out the skin tone. It won’t remove darker spots automatially, but over time you will see a visible improvement
What’s not so good about it
- If there were products that could remove all impurities from blocked pores, there would not be services out there offering facials. Although this product will remove some blackheads, it won’t remove all. In fact, in some cases, it won’t even remove any. That’s why there are trained estheticians who can help you with that
- The product contains silicone, which makes it glide on so well, but it means this is a very superficial treatment and some of the good ingredients in it won’t be absorbed by the skin. So this can’t be your sole skincare product!
I have found it a very good addition to my daily skincare routine. Not many exfoliators out there are suitable for sensitive skin and this is such an important step in a skincare routine it is sad there no more products like this. Definitely a keeper!
Paola’s mood after using this product: