Here the look’s backstory: I decided I was going to do a gold / blue day look with these MUD eyeshadows I’ve had for a while, but never tried. However, when I went to my makeup drawer to get my shadows I noticed what I remember being gold was actually a more bronze towards copper-like color.
I decided to go on with that shade from the inner corner to about half of the lid. On the other half I used the blue color. Not good. First of all the colors didn’t match well. The blue shade was not as vivid as on the pan, so both together looked just weird. Makeup is much like painting. If you make a mistake you either change your canvas (in makeup it means you clean up the whole thing) or you paint over it. I had not time for the former, so I went with the latter. I covered the entire lid with the blue shade and applied a lovely emerald green in the middle. The result was very pretty, although it ended up being too much for daytime, but whatever! You only live once, right?
- M•A•C Prep+Prime BB Cream
- Diorskin Nude BB Cream
- Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Coverup Powder in Honey
- M•A•C Blush in Ambering Rose
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
- MUD Eye Color in Midnight
- MUD Eye Color in Pacific
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil in Demolition
- CHANEL Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Khaki Precieux
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Brunette
- Benefit Speed Brow Gel
- MAC Lipstick in Après Chic
- Tarte Maracuja Lipgloss in Sully
I tried to post hyperlinks to either from my own reviews or at least from retailers that stock the product and ship worldwide.
This post may contain affiliate links.