I had seen this brand here in Belgium, but it was when I went to Harrod’s in London that I took an interest. Was it the general splendor of this incredibly luxurious place? Not really, no. It was more the sci-fi movie machine they had on display there to perform a skin analysis…. Check out what I’m talking about…..This is the IOMA Sphere, a device that will do the analysis of the state of your skin and will help you get a customized skincare routine based on those results.
The contraption will take a series of pictures of your skin to detect your skin texture (wrinkles, fine lines, firmness), redness, UV damage, pigment spots, bacterial activity, and clogged pores. It takes less than two minutes and you even get a nice summary sheet with your results (so you can check back later how you are progressing. I’ll speak more about this experience in a new post…
One of the products prescribed was this one, the number 1 Moisturizing Toning Lotion which is described as:
Thanks to this lotion, your skin shall be clean, soft and toned. More than a lotion, a genuine skincare treatment. It cleanses the skin, maintains and optimizes moisture level and revitalizes the skin.
I’m using this product in my skincare routine as a hydrating toner after my acidic toner and before applying moisturizer. It’s been about 7 weeks since I started using this product.
What’s good about it
- It is as gentle with your skin as can be. It does not contain alcohol and it is fragrance free, which makes it suitable for sensitive skins.
- It provides a very nice level of hydration which is especially useful right after using an acidic toner which can leave your skin a bit dry
- You can not only use this product as a toner, but as a makeup remover also, since the formulation is so gentle and there is no alcohol it, itis suitable for the eye area
- Great value for money. It contains 140 ml of product and you pay £27 (31€ approx.) which is really affordable for a high end skincare brand.
What’s not so good about it
- On it’s own, the product is great and affordable, but if you get the whole range prescribed it can take you back in the triple digits. From the samples I got, it is definitely worth it, but it’s still an investment nonetheless.
The brand has a very interesting concept in general and this product is a good example of product that is simple, but it works!
Paola’s mood after using this product: