If you read one of my most recent posts, then you know I’ve been sick for some time (and clearly not the only one. A bunch of people have been battling some sort of flu in various parts of the world!). One of the areas that totally sucks, aside from the respiratory system is my skin. Since it has been looking horrendous, I’ve been trying some stuff and thisis one of them. I had a sample of this cream already for a couple of months. I had a couple of other moisturizers to try, but when I opened this it smelled divine.
But is this cream more than a nice smelling cream?
If you are familiar with the Kenzo fragrances brand, then you already know their signature style is this very minimalistic, but powerful fresh, floral scent. KenzoKi is the brand’s skincare branch, where this cream, Belle de Jour comes from.
This moisturizer is described as:
“BELLE DE JOUR, white lotus care, protects skin from free radicals and cortisol. A harmful stress hormone, cortisol reduces skin regeneration and accelerates the process of aging. BELLE DE JOUR lessens these negative effects. White lotus water is the heart of its secret formula. This natural and potent ingredient has proven relaxing and anti-free radical effects and helps restore skin to its natural balance.”
What’s good about it
- The scent is absolutely gorgeous and feels great when on your skin (scent may be a deal breaker for some of you, though!)
- The cream is very lightweight and quickly absorbed by the skin
- When applied it provides a very nice fresh sensation, so it is a great day cream
- Works very nicely under makeup
- Although lightweight, it is nourishing enough to work as a night cream
What’s not so good about it
- 106€ for 50ml??? What the…? I did not see this coming
- I’m not sure it’s a great formula for the winter months and/or very dry skin. I could’ve used my tiny sample for about 2 weeks, but instead it only lasted 1 because I felt I needed a tad more hydration
- Although I did not get any adverse reactions and my skin felt great, visibly, there wasn’t any change. In all fairness, I was sick, so that may have influenced it.
- Did I tell you it’s 106€? I did? Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of this.
The truth is, it’s a good product, but in my case, it wasn’t really worth 100+€. For that price I expect a product to literarly photshop my face at least 2 days after using, providing a significant improvement. This one did not do so. Now, I may get it in the summer when I’m feeling luxurious and I know it won’t be a greasy mess. Maybe then I’ll love it (I’ve changed my mind before). But for now, this is a no for me.
Paola’s mood after using this product:
Right after using I really felt like this , but the price really bummed me out!