This was one of my first Lush purchases. I needed a face cleanser for my sensitive skin and the sales associate from the store recommended this one. If you look at it closely, it’s not exactly the best looking cleanser you’ve ever seen. It looks pretty gnarly I have to say, like some raw chopped fish. The smell, luckily, is not equally horrible, but it is a special scent, like calamine. I guess I’m not encouraging you a lot with my description so far, but, it is actually a good product.
This cleanser is described as:
Our pink squishy cleanser that was inspired by mermaids. An ocean of ingredients to soothe and calm the skin. We make a mixture of carrageen extract, vegetable glycerine, Irish moss gel and aloe vera gel. We mix in fine sea salt, sweet wild orange oil and patchouli oil. Then we bind these together with calamine powder and kaolin. Finally we roll the mix inside a large sheet of nori seaweed – to create a huge facial sushi.
What’s good about it
- Your skin will feel squeeky clean after using. It will remove any dirt and grime from your face (even the one you can’t see!)
- A little bit of product goes a long way. All you need to clean your entire face is about a pea size of product
- After about a month of using I noticed pigmentation on my face was pretty even. I don’t really have lots of dark spots, but I do have some darker patches which seemed to have dissapeared after I used this product. Not sure if this is what the product is intended for, but it happened to me nonetheless.
- It does have a calming effect on the skin. As a rosacea sufferer I sometimes have itchiness on my face and this cleanser managed to curb that
What’s not so good about it
- If you use more than the pea sized amount you are supposed to and happen to have a sensitive skin, this product might sting! Sometimes this curbing of itchiness was more of a distracting effect from the stinging. Again, easy to solve: don’t use more than a pea size
- Not the most convenient product for those with combination to dry skin. Those with oily skin might benefit more from it for sure!
- The packaging is perfectly fine (and you know if the product is crap I could not care less about it!), but I find the overall presentation of the product not very practical. The fact you need to stick your fingers in it every time means you should have clean hands (preferably), travelling with it must be *interesting* (I’m imagining going to Australia with a trave size pot of this and customs officials taking it away from bringing food into the country)
The product is great and I think it has great properties. I do not think, however; this would be the right product for my skin type (normal to oily would be best; sensitive and acne prone would benefit provided it’s more on the oily type)
Paola’s mood after using this product:
I felt happy when I used the right amount, too much and my mood changed to the other face!