Here’s one of the lip tars I got at IMATS London. Since I was there, I had the unprecedented chance to test as many as my lips would withstand. This particular shade looked scary because in the tube it is black. Not sure what drew me to it, but I’m glad I did!
The description os the product is the same as I’ve stated in previous posts:
A stunning new innovation in lip color, OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. Ultra-saturated in color, Lip Tar contains an unprecedented amount of pigment – a little goes a very, very long way!
The color Black Dahlia is described as a “blackened red”, which translate to a deep grape shade, a bit like red wine almost.
What’s good about it
- The color is vibrant and super flattering, the red undertone is absolutely fab! One coat is enough to have full coverage, it is super pigmented! At the same time, you can half the amount to apply and make it more subdued
- All you need is a tiny little bit of product to have the full effect. Which means this lip product could last you a loooooooong time!
- On your lips you can easily get 6 to 8 hours of wear. At no point do your lips feel dry, in fact they stay nicely moisturized.
- It feels as good as it looks, thanks to a formula that contains Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil and Vitamin E
- Comes with a mini lip brush to apply with more precision
What’s not so good about it
- Takes some time getting used to the application and you have to be careful not to overdo it. Too much will cause the color to feather (which is not a good look)
The pictures below show the product (to have an idea on it’s 10 ml content size) and the amount required to cover the lips. As you can see, one tiny drop will give you a nice opaque finish!
Overall, I’m extremely happy with this product and can definitely recommend. I will be always reviewing new shades, so stay tuned for more!
Paola’s mood after using this product: